Coworking and Networking for FreelancersOne of the advantages of working in a coworking space is the multitude of opportunities to generate connections by being close to other start-ups.
You need to make an effort to make a good first impression on your “co-tenants” as you never know who might one day become your client, project partner or introduce you to other people who can help you in your business.
Needless to add that apart from all these business interests there is the opportunity to make friends for life. Here at Garage Coworking Valencia we are a free space that will make you feel at home.
One of the first questions you will be asked when you move into a coworking space will be: What do you do? So, if you haven’t thought about your answer yet, now is the time to do it!
You need to be able to provide a concise, easy to understand and memorable description as this is what will help you spread your value as a company.
Create an introduction to introduce yourself to everyone you know
Generally, introductions happen spontaneously over coffee or a snack in one of the common areas. But the most important thing is not to be afraid to drop by your neighbour’s workspace in the first few days to introduce yourself, as they all went through the same situation as you did when they came in.
It is not enough to be cordial, you also need to be open and friendly
This will ensure that you are remembered the next time a coworker is looking for a service that your company can provide. In addition, it is always good to make it clear that you appreciate them approaching you and that they are free to ask any questions.
Invest in business cards and ask the coworking space about the promotional opportunities that exist in the space
The business cards should visually indicate what your company does so that even when you are not in the office, they can talk about you. Another option to consider is making diaries with the name of your business printed on them to give to your office neighbours, which can serve as a reminder for the next time they think about who to collaborate with.
Take advantage of Afterwork
Many coworking spaces in Valencia, as in other cities, offer spaces for their coworkers. Some events have a social objective, as they are designed to foster a good atmosphere of integration in the space.
Others, however, may be more business-focused, and these are very useful as they provide an opportunity to learn something new or keep up to date with market trends.
Hold free events for your colleagues
It doesn’t matter if your space hosts events or not. You can always organise your own event and invite other coworkers. A workshop doesn’t have to take up a lot of time and can help your coworkers.
If you run a creative agency, you can organise a talk about the benefits of design for business, or if you work for a marketing company you can talk about the use of social media and blogging in an online business.
You can even create a trend and encourage other businesses to share some of their knowledge with other coworkers.
We warn you though! In Garage Coworking Valencia you won’t need all these techniques, both in the common spaces and in your own you will feel like in your second home and you will see that integration will not be a problem.
¡Ven y conócenos!
Si quieres saber más sobre por qué, aquí te dejamos algunos tips a tener en cuenta
Los servicios gratuitos que ofrecemos son amplios:
- Puesto fijo 24/7 no rotativo con el que tendrás tu propia llave con el fin de que puedas trabajar en él hasta un domingo a 21:00
- Zonas de cafetería con todo equipado para que no tengas que salir del coworking (microondas, cafetera, nevera, despensa..etc.)
- Mesas kilométricas (2x1m). Todas las mesas del coworking están pensadas para que tu comodidad sea la prioridad
- Sala de reuniones Un espacio diseñado para ofrecer la máxima comodidad para recibir a clientes y generar impresión positiva, que sabemos que a veces son determinantes
- Estanterías y Armarios en los que podrás guardar todo lo que necesites. Preocúpate solo de dejar algo de hueco para el que venga
- Zona relax para que puedas darte un break del trabajo en la terraza de nuestro ático creativo
- Terraza Chillout. Donde se celebran nuestros afterwork (Cuando la época lo permita)así quue, úsala para tomarte un respiro, una cerveza, almorzar o incluso para recibir a tus clientes en un sitio algo más informal.
- Aire acondicionado y calefacción. Para los más frioleros y los más calurosos.
- Recepción de paquetería y correos. Si necesitas que envíen correos o paquetes , nosotros nos encargamos por ti.
Come and meet us!
If you want to know more about why, here are some tips to keep in mind
The free services we offer are extensive:
Fixed 24/7 non-rotating position with which you will have your own key so that you can work in it until a Sunday at 9:00 p.m.
Cafeteria areas with everything equipped so you don’t have to leave the coworking (microwave, coffee maker, fridge, pantry…etc.)
Kilometric tables (2x1m) All the coworking tables are designed so that your comfort is the priority
Meeting room A space designed to offer maximum comfort to receive clients and generate a positive impression, which we know is sometimes decisive Shelves and Cabinets where you can store everything you need. Just worry about leaving some space for whoever comes
Relaxation area so you can take a break from work on the terrace of our creative penthouse
Chill out terrace Where our afterworks are held (when the season permits) so use it to take a break, have a beer, have lunch or even to receive your clients in a more informal place.
Air conditioning and heating For the coldest and the hottest.
Parcel and mail reception If you need them to send mail or packages, we will take care of it for you.